Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Experiments on Peeps

Science fair season is getting close and it's time to come up with interesting experiments that can be done at home. My youngest child wants to do some kind of psychology experiment with the cats, but I'm more intrigued with the idea of experimenting on peeps.

Much of my peep inspiration comes from Peep Research .

After all, haven't you always wanted to know about the biochemistry and anatomy of these simple almost life forms?

Where else can you go to find out the answers to those really troubling questions, like:

  • What happens when you autoclave a peep?

  • or drop it into sulfuric acid?

  • or maybe, drop it into liquid nitrogen?

  • And what about peeps in space? (or at least in a vacuum?)


Sigh. Some days I do miss having all those lab toys at my disposal.

I guess we just have to be more creative and see what sort of peep tests we can conduct around the house.



Subject:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Harwood said...

My dad, a semi-retired chemistry teacher, puts a peep under a vacuum every year. It is always a favorite with the students. Gotta love those peeps!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Jessica Harwood said...

My dad, a semi-retired chemistry teacher, puts a peep under a vacuum every year. It is always a favorite with the students. Gotta love those peeps!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home