Monday, January 30, 2006

Oh, the memes bloggers play now

I'm a bit new to this sort of thing and it still seems to smell like a chain letter.

But instead it's a meme that I was tagged with by Hedwig the owl. It seems easy enough, but I keep thinking that I should emerge from a nice hot bath and find that I've solved a puzzle and can move on to the next part of the contest. Will I get to fly with dragons, swim with mermaids? Maybe during bedtime stories.

Well, here goes:
1. Go into your archives.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Post the fifth sentence (or closest to it).
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5. Tag five other people to do the same thing.

It's hard to believe that I've posted 23 items, but I have. And here's the fifth sentence:
Only, in my case, I'm not a graduate student thinking like a thief, I'm a biologist trying to think like a programmer.

Here's the chain letter part:

I'm supposed to spread this meme by adding some some blogs that I find interesting. Dr. Mom is one, I know what it's like to negotiate who drives to soccer games when you have a late night in the lab (or teaching the lab class). It's always good to know that others share those challenges. Jane is busy out trail-blazing through the computing field, so it seems appropriate to tag her in a blog where I discuss an attempt at thinking like a programmer. Science Goddess wins a tag for letting us know about interesting things going on the classroom. She's not in Seattle, I guess, 'cause I heard our school district has filters that block blogs. The people at Headrush deserve a tag, even with their software-company style title. Not only do they write well about writing, but their stories are fun to read. Last, I think Stew deserves a tag, and a "get well soon" note from all the people searching for Lollipops, lollipops, ooh lolly, lolly, pops.


Subject:

2 Comments:

Blogger The Science Goddess said...

My district blocks blogs, too. Ugh. The only one they allow through the filter right now is the one for my AP class...but we can only look at it. No posting or commenting allowed.

Heaven forbid we use technology to enhance what happens in the classroom. :)

7:27 PM  
Blogger Sandra Porter said...

Thanks Science Goddess,

Enjoy the game!

And don't hesitate to contact Geospiza if your teachers ever feel the need to learn about working with DNA in 3D.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home